Sunday, June 28, 2015

And the beat goes on

This is the first summer that I've been able to call mine. Every other summer in the last 10 years has had something - either master's work, certification work, travels, or whatever - but this summer is mine! So, in addition to finishing up sailmaking for customers, re-rigging and commissioning Ariel, and taking care of long-neglected odds and ends around the house, I started back in on the A30.

In the past couple days I created templates for two bulkheads (my glue let go on the old bulkhead templates I'd created before), transferred the dimensions to two sheets of plywood, and cut out the new bulkheads.




I epoxied the edges of the bulkheads today, then decided I should do yet more sanding/prep before installation. I focused primarily on the areas where the new tabbing will adhere as well as the cabin sides and overhead, both of which are covered with flaking paint. Despite my eagerness to move forward with bulkhead installation, it was necessary to get all the sanding done first. I call the pic below my "sanding smolder." Ha!


No comments: