Friday, August 21, 2015

Port shelf done - glassing next

This morning I cut the port settee shelf and fitted it in place. Like I'd done on the starboard side, I made a vertical support for the shelf and the middle of the settee back. Both of those now need to be glassed in place (an order of biaxial should arrive today).

I also installed a 1x2 cleat along the bottom inboard edge of both shelves, securing them with 5 ss screws, to provide a better surface for joining the settee backs to the shelves.

It would seem that the next logical step is to glass the supports in place, then remove the settee tops and paint the area before finally securing all the bits in place. I do need to sort out the head door and posts arrangement before I call the starboard settee done. That will happen before things get painted, I suppose.


No comments: